How to properly wear reusable face mask
For first time users, please wash before the using with the guide below:
Wash your hands with soap and water (kill almost all 97% bacterial recommended). Dry your hands with a clean paper towel.
- Insert clean disposable filter into the mask's filter pocket.
Make sure the exterior side of the mask is facing out, away from your face.
Place the mask on your face with the exterior side facing out.
Make sure the mask is completely secure, not too loose or tight for long hour wearing. Make sure it covers your nose and mouth so that the bottom edge is under your chin.
- If you experience pain in the ear after an hour, it means that your mask is too tight and the tie is too short.
- If you experience the mask sliding off your nose, it means that your mask is too lose and the tie is too long.
- Please adjust accordingly to your face shape again.
How to remove and wash reusable face mask
- Do not touch the outer layer of the mask. It may be contaminated from other's droplets.
Remove the mask by the straps with both hands and remove disposable filter.
- Rinse under water first, and soak in anti-bacterial soap water for 5 minutes.
- Wash off soap and dust with tap water.
- Hang under the sun for sanitization, or dryer with sanitization features, and allow dry within 1 day.
- Once the mask is completely dry, wash your hands with anti-bacterial soap and dry. Insert disposable filter into the mask's filter pocket and wear.
Reusable Face Mask Dos & Don’ts
- Don’t hoard surgical masks as our health care workers need clinical masks to help take care of our community.
- Don’t forget to practice social distancing. Any type of face mask will not completely protect you from the coronavirus. With a reusable face mask, it can provide protection and remind you not to touch your face. It also helps prevent the spread infectious germs from you to others.
- Do wear a face mask cover if you have symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, shortness of breath, a new cough, and muscle aches.
- Do wear a face mask cover if you are in a high-concentration area of COVID-19 cases.
- Do wear a face mask to remind yourself not to touch your face and to help prevent spread of germs.
- Do follow all the guidelines on how to use a reusable face mask to protect yourself, your loved ones and others.
- Do wash your hands. Cleaning your hands is still your best protection against COVID-19.
Once again, be responsible and stay safe!